Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New/Old Friends


We got to hang out with and get to know Jordan and Patience Leino tonight. They are people that Tricia and I went to LU with...I knew them only in passing in a few classes and because we all worked for different ministry teams. We were not close, and I had not really thought of them much in the past few years.

A few months ago, I saw a post on a mutual friend's facebook about praying for baby Isaac Leino...I followed the trail, and it led me to Patience's facebook (whom I recognized) and This Blog.

Long story short, the Leino's are living outside of Raleigh and Jordan is working as a worship pastor at C3 Church. I emailed him and facebooked Patience, and we've been to their church a few times and finally got to hang with them tonight. It is really good to be able to talk to some people our age who have so much in common with us (he and I studied the same and Tricia and Patience studied the same at LU, now we're all involved in the same ministry stuffs, we're both going through some BIG medical/emotional stuff).

Please, take a few minutes to at least scan over some of the posts at their blog. The Leinos' faith gives us great hope for our future, and I think they will encourage you as well.

Nate

2 comments:

Patience Leino said...

We love you guys! You're a blessing to us both & we're honored to be walking this road with you. God has great things in store for us all!

CFHusband said...

Thanks, guys! We'll hopefully see you sometime in a few weeks!