Friday, July 17, 2009

An Exciting Announcment!

I'm very excited to announce that I am currently putting together a schedule for speaking engagements for the remainder of 2009. As you know, one of the purposes of this blog has always been to both share our story and help others going through similar experiences AND help educate the general public about Cystic Fibrosis, Organ Donation & Transplantation, Lymphoma and Premature Birth. With the unexpected popularity of the blog, we have seen how God has allowed our story to reach so many and have been invited several times to share our story with different groups of people. Tricia's and Gwyneth's health, however, have kept us from accepting many of these invitations until now.

We are going to keep our speaking engagement schedule limited as we give it our first go through the remainder of this year...again, this is not an attempt at fame or fortune, but an opportunity we feel we can make the most of in using the gifts that God has given us to bless others. I do not have any expectations of a great response to this, nor do we have any unrealistic visions (or desires) of traveling the world, so we'll just see what comes of it!

If you or somebody you know is interested in contacting us about a speaking engagement, please visit ConfessionsOfACFHusband.com and click the "Appearances" tab for more information.

Thanks!

Nate

20 comments:

Coffespaz said...

WONDERFUL news!! I'm so very excited for you and I know that this will allow you to reach so many more individuals and their families. All the best!!! Let me know if you head up to New England.

Anonymous said...

What a great oppurtunity...we will be praying for this new venture.
Les and Carol

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

That is very exciting! Who knows where God will lead you - maybe even over to this side of the Atlantic! Be sure & let us know your schedule so that we can pray for you.

Jennie said...

Awesome! Best of luck and continued prayers for God's guidance.

wife.mom.nurse said...

Good for you! You have definitely been of wonderful service to your causes and I am sure you will continue to be!

Carol said...

I would come just to get to see the pretty baby! And to see 2 miracles and their wonderful caretaker.

North Carolina Mom said...

You will be AWESOME! I know it, I just know it! Congratulations on such an awesome opportunity!

mom nana nelson said...

WOW NATHAN THATS REALLY WONDERFUL.
I KNOW YOU WILL DO A GREAT JOB AND WILL TOUCH MANY PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY.

Selina said...

cf needs all the awareness it can get. I'm sure you guys will spread the word well. great job!

Unknown said...

That's awesome!!! Hopefully you'll be able to speak in my area and I could come hear you. Good luck and keep us posted!

Ronnie 29 w/CF

Anonymous said...

Very neat.

(This is the first time I read here, so I don't really know much, but it sounds cool!)

I went to elementary school w/a boy that had cf. I often wonder how me made out... I remember he had to take meds at lunch, a little capsule he took apart and muxed in his pudding... he called them dinosaur eggs. Pretty good outlook. So anyway, we learned about cf in school and even had a book/bake sale w/proceed going to cf research.

Good memories...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Will you put dates and places on your blog site of where you will be speaking?

mamabear2 said...

How much would you charge to speak at a group of preemie parents?

Clarabelle said...

I believe Nathan is speaking free of charge to spread his story. Correct me if I am wrong, Nate. Kudos to you! Hugs to Tric and Gwyn

CFHusband said...

@mamabear2

I'd love to talk with you about it, if you could email me at the email address given on ConfessionsOfACFHusband.com

Thanks!

Blessedw5mom said...

Am certainly passing this info along! What a great opportunity!!!! God bless your words!

Unknown said...

When is y'alls great strides walk this year? My daughter wants to help as part of her sr. project.

Robin said...

.... This is one of the most touching stories I have ever read. First I want to say that you have a very AMAZING family. The photos of your daughter and your family are just awesome and your story has truly touch my heart and taken my breath away....

Two years ago, a little girl name Raegan came into my life and she too has CF. That is how I came across your story. I happened to be working on our Team Blog and looking for information on CF. Second, I want to let you know that you are truly an awesome person... {{{{first thought not politically correct}}}}... most people faced with this sort of life issue would have never made it through what your marriage has survived to this point. God has truly truly been walking with your family. I pray that one day very soon we all receive news that they have found a cure for our loved one's who have to face this illness on a daily basis so that they may be given a new life....

"where there is HOPE, there is LIFE"... Robin I, Raegan's Walkers,

betty said...

I LOVE , LOVE , LOVE your site-thanks , Betty

betty said...

I LOVE , LOVE , LOVE your site-thanks , Betty