Saturday, September 12, 2009

Great Strides Today!!!

We'll be hanging out with a bunch of awesome people today (Saturday) from about 9am to 1pm at the Outer Banks Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis, having an incredible time! Tons of free food, drinks, desserts, a sweet raffle and silent auction, a live DJ, Beach104 Radio, live music, free games and activities for children, and so much more!

Dare County Family Recreation Park in Kill Devil Hills (Behind the Outer Banks Brewing Station) is THE place to be tomorrow! Anyone and everyone is invited!

Whether you know all there is to know about CF, or nothing at all, whether you have thousands of dollars sitting in your pocket waiting to be donated, or nothing more than a willing heart and happy attitude, I would absolutely love to see you there! The walk is less than half a mile, and begins at 10am...even if you can't walk, arrive anytime after 10:30 and enjoy the rest of the fun! Come out and meet Tricia, Gwyneth and I, and have a great time with our friends and families!

Please, let me know if you have any questions about this fantastic event!!!

Thanks!!!

Nate

PS. Check out our photos from last years walk!

5 comments:

bethany said...

The CF walk was really fun and the weather was great!
We had an awesome time...I hope we raised a lot this year! :)
-The McKenneys
ps-we're really excited to be the first to post a comment :)

Shannon said...

Hope all goes well! Have fun!

Sylvie said...

Walking with you in our hearts!

Matt, Sylvie, Anastasia, Pascal and Juliet

Unknown said...

My daughter, Emily Rose volunteered yesterday as part of her sr. project. Her sister and I walked. Always a GREAT event. glad the weather cooperated. Together, we can make CF stand for CURE FOUND

perverse inverse said...

I enjoyed the Great Strides Walk in Richmond, VA this year. I also want to thank you for the CF blogs and sites that you & your wife posted! My niece has CF and she's quite a special girl... When I learned of her condition, I read a book on it and it stated that CF patients could not have children. Well, that must have been outdated!!! Congrats!
It is nice to know that such a pretty, flirty, girly-girl like my niece, Brinly (who tells me that she already has a 'boyfriend' in elementary school! ;-) may be able to have a family, if she so wishes... She is delightful and filled with grace that really touches my heart.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Take care,
Ellen