Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Yesterday, I asked for 99 people to donate $9 each by 9pm last night. The results are in, and just under 80 people donated well over $1000!

Thank you so much to everyone who donated to my Personal Great Strides Account in the past 24 hours, as well as to everyone who helped me spread the word about my event! Together, we've made a difference in the lives of over 70 thousand people affected by Cystic Fibrosis in the world!

I would still love to reach my goal of 99 people, so if you missed out on the fun yesterday but would still like to donate, it's not too late! Just read on to my next post!

Nate

6 comments:

LJR said...

Awesome! I am so glad you did well with the fundraising.

Ginger said...

Awesome!

House of Collinsworth said...

That's wonderful! :o) This was a great idea Nate!

House of Collinsworth said...

I meant to share with you my "Noah's #9 facts" yesterday!

Noah's name "Noah David" has 9 letters. His due date was 9-9-09. He weighed 3 lbs. 6 oz (3+6=9). And I found out I was pregnant with him on Dec. 27 (2+7=9).

Jess said...

We have prayed for Tricia and Gwyneth when they were both in the hospital. So nice to now see beautiful photos of a healthy Tricia and growing Gwyneth!

I was wondering if Tricia ever plans to blog about her post transplant life, healthwise. I am sure many have some of the same questions I have..

Does she still need to take many CF meds since she has new lungs? Is the CF cured in her lungs for good since she has new lungs? Can the CF return to her new lungs? And, does she still need to take those enzymes to digest food ? How does it feel breathing with her new lungs? Are there many things she is now able to do that she wasn't able to do before?
Would love to hear an update on how Tricia is doing from Tricia's point of view. Also, is Gwyneth off her oxygen for good now? I haven't noticed her nasal cannula in recent photos, but don't recall you mentioning that it was discontinued. I sure hope so! We loved getting all those daily updates before and enjoyed following your journey. We continue to pray for both Tricia and Gwyneth.

Leanne said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!