Friday, September 4, 2009

One Week

It's been one week since I last posted, so I just wanted to post quickly and say that all is well. With the Great Strides Walk coming up next Saturday, and lots of painting (and regular work) to be done at our church building, it's been a crazy week with little time to blog.

I also sold my faithful truck this week [the one that has been sitting in driveways unused for two years (reminds me...something pretty major took place in our lives right about two years ago...)], so even though we've been a one-car family for a few years anyway, our driveway has a little more room.

We also have a few personal prayer requests. Fawn, the mother of my best friend Zach, is in the hospital with some major heart issues...also, Zach's grandfather was recently diagnosed with advanced Lymphoma and given just a few months to live. If you could think and/or pray for Zach's family right now, I'd really appreciate it.

And, my great aunt Nita, the unofficial matriarch of my dad's side of the family, is in her very last days. She has lived a long and beautiful, well-lived and well-loved life, and at nearly 100, she has told us that she is more than ready to meet her Savior. We're praying that she'll have peace and experience no pain in the next few days.

It's been very wet and cool here for about a week, which means no beach days...but, Gwyneth has been learning a lot about windows and rain...


Nate

20 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Hope Gwyneth is feeling better today!

Mary said...

I've lifted up prayers for Zach's family and your family.

Love that pic of Gwyneth. Looks like she has her hand up in praise. We've been getting lots of wet weather here too.

God Bless,
Mary
Florida

Adesta said...

Praying for your friends and your family. It's a hard time for me as well as my father in law is also on the last legs of his journey here on Earth.

May God keep all of them in his heart.

-stephanie- said...

Your prayer requests have been prayed over.

Sweet Gwyneth photo.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
PLEASE COULD YOUR CHURCH SAY A SPECIAL PRAYER TO TWO OTHER BLOGS i FOLLOW..ONE IS "UNDOMESTIC" A MOTHER OF 3 LITTLE ONES, LOOSING HER BATTLE TO CANCER AND THE OTHER IS A 9 YEAR OLD LOOSING THE BATTLE OF A BRAIN TUMOR "lIFE AS IT IS". IN JESUS NAME AMEN....PATTY

Shawna - Round Rock, Texas said...

Precious picture ~ and look at those curls!

Jenna said...

Praying for your loved ones! Hoping the weather warms up for you guys on this labor day weekend!
Gwyneth sure looks like she is missing the sun!

Shannon said...

I love Gwyneth's straight-bang, curly-messy-cool in the back hair!
Praying for your friends and your family.

Renee said...

Keeping your petitions in our prayers!

Jennifer said...

ahhh....so serious Gwyneth. Very cute pic. I'll be praying

Jennifer said...

Look at all that hair on that baby girl! She's such a little dolly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the sweet picture of Gwyneth. I've missed your photographs. You're quite talented.

Me and my Gurl said...

Nate and Trisha,

Prayers are with you both as well as your Aunt Nita and your friend Zach's family.

Glad to hear your preparing for Great Strides. My daughter was unable to participate in the local Great Strides this year due to her car accident and she keeps you all in her prayers to have a GREAT STRIDES DAY!

God Bless

Sonja

Rick Lawrenson said...

Thanks for asking prayer for Aunt Nita. She's not in any pain, which is a blessing. When I think of her the first thing I think of is "fun". Great sense of humor.

Also, she's MY great aunt. Your great-great aunt. Gwyneth's great-great-great aunt. (There are not "grand" aunts or uncles.)

Ellen said...

Praying for Zack's family at this crucial time in their lives. Also, asking God to grant your loved one peace and joy as she departs this life and joins her Savior.

~j~ said...

so sorry to hear about your friend Zach and your Aunt..praying!

Karis said...

Praying for Nita and your family as she's running her last bit of life's race. What a joy and privilege to have served on this earth for as long as she has and to know that Jesus is so close!

Amy E. said...

Glad you guys are well. Adorable pic of Gwyneth at the window. I love the rain!

JUST A MOM said...

I LOVE RAIN WINDOWS!

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't an earth shattering post to reply to but...
Everytime I see Gwyneth I think about miracles and luck and the beauty of new life. x