Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heading To Durham Today

We'll be on our way back to Durham this afternoon for some appointments for both of the girls tomorrow (Wednesday). Tricia has her TX clinic and Gwyneth has an appointment with her pulmonologist. I'm assuming that this clinic will technically be Tricia's one-year clinic/checkup, and we're praying for great reports and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as well. Hopefully, we'll be home lat Wednesday night!

As a side not, Tricia had to pull out her PICC Line a few days ago when it started leaking...no pain or anything, but it will be a hassle to place a new one if she needs it (she will need another one at some point...just, hopefully not this week).

Thanks!

Nate

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Prayers on the way for a nice easy visit!!!

mom nana nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom nana nelson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom nana nelson said...

YOU GUYS ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND IN MY PRAYERS, OF COURSE.
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY !!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Tricia pulled out her own PICC line? I've never had one, but it looks like that would be incredibly complicated/painful.

Geesh, she's one tough cookie! I'll offer up a prayer to the Big Guy.

Save travels!

Mary said...

Have a safe trip and I'll be praying for good doctors visits.

Mary
Florida

Twila said...

Prayers going up for your girls today.

Jen said...

Does she always have a picc line in? I was just curious. I have a medi port and I am hoping that when I have my tx they can leave it in in case I need abx down the road!

Hopefully everything goes great at your appointments...drive safely and have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :)

Jane said...

praying for safe travels and great reports!
interesting: my neighbor is going to be at Duke in the oncology area on Wednesday. I know, it's a BIG place, but found it interesting that two families that i pray TONS for will be in the same location....miles and miles from both of their homes.

Judy said...

Praying things go well!!

Jennifer said...

For the commenter, I'm not sure if Nate meant Tric pulled her own picc or if she had a nurse do it ... BUT ... it's very simple and quick process. It doesn't hurt at all.

When mine was pulled by my doctor, it took more time to breathe in and breathe out than it did for the picc line to come out.

Tricia, I hope you can go a little bit without your line ... makes showering so much easier !!! Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

OUch! Did Tricia really pull out her PICC herself? omg, isn't that dangerous to pull out? I imagine that was alot of bleeding! Hope shes okay now!

CFHusband said...

yes, she pulled it out herself. Like I said, no pain, no blood, and she had to do it right then.