Every year, for our Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis, we create a "Team Pattysue" t-shirt for everyone who is participating with our team. "Team Pattysue" is the name of our team of friends and family who help us raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in honor of Tricia. The first few years, I designed the shirt, and then last year, a good friend of mine designed a really sweet shirt for us.
This year, we want to give our readers an opportunity to design a t-shirt for our team! We know there are a lot of creative people who read our blog, and we want to give you the opportunity to help us out in a fun and memorable way. Our shirts are always a hit, and almost every day, I see a friend or family member wearing one of our shirts from years past.
There are a few basic but important rules that we ask you to follow:
1) All submissions must be illustrator/.eps type files using software like Illustrator, InDesign, etc. When we order the t-shirts, the printing company will need access to one of these files, NOT something as simple as a .jpg or .png file. If you're not sure what all of this means, GOOGLE it!
2) All submissions must use ONLY the following text (subject to change):
CF Walk '08 or Cystic Fibrosis Walk '08
3) All submissions must be EMAILED to Nate no later than August 1, 2008.
4) One person may enter as many submissions as they'd like.
Tricia will decide the winner in early August, and we'll need about 4-5 weeks to send the design in and received the shirts in time for the walk on September 13. The winner will receive a HUGE "thank you" on the blog, as well as a special gift from Tricia, Gwyneth and I.
I'll post pics of our shirts from past years so that you can see what we like. A few tips to keep in mind:
1) Keep it simple. We want people to see the shirt and read and understand what it says without getting too distracted by an overload of design/art work.
2) Keep it original. Make the design your own, without "borrowing" any pre-fab designs from other people.
3) Stay away from bright colors like neons.
4) Stay away from either white or black shirts/background colors. And stick to ONE color for the text/design. Shirts become much more expensive when you use multiple print colors.
5) Utilize both the front and back of the shirt.
Last thing...even if you can't attend the walk, but you would love to receive your own "Team Pattysue" t-shirt this year, all you have to do is:
1) Join Team Pattysue (fill out the info on this link and you will automatically have joined our team)
2) Raise at least $250 in donations from other people (not including money you donated yourself) by September 13, 2008 (all money raised goes directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation).
(If you need help setting up your online account, it's better to contact CFF directly than to try to email me.)
That's about it! We're looking forward to seeing what you can do. Thanks in advance for helping us raise awareness and support for Cystic Fibrosis!!!