Tricia texted me at 3am to say that they moved her back to the ICU...
When she arrived at Duke yesterday, her heart-rate was over 150, which is probably faster than my heart would beat if I were running a long sprint. Although she was stable and feeling better last night, her heart-rate would not drop, so they moved her just to be safe.
Although the ICU is the last place we want to be, this is the same ICU that Tricia was in when Gwyneth was born, so we know several of the nurses and doctors, and more importantly, they know us. The next 24 hours will be very telling for Tricia...they know for sure that it is an infection, but they're not sure what exactly and may not know for a few days until the cultures grow something. She's receiving a lot of fluids through her port, an insulin drip (her blood sugar level was incredibly high) through one IV, and anti-biotics through another.
My guess is, all of Tricia's appointments for today will be postponed, and hopefully we'll be able to reschedule them before we go home.
Gwyneth will be chilling with Megan and cousin Leah this morning, and I'll be running some errands and then heading to Duke for a few hours before coming back to the hotel to take Gwyneth to her appointments.