Monday, December 14, 2009

Here We Come...

...a caroling!


And, boy, have we been practicing!

One of our favorite Lawrenson family traditions is to go caroling a few nights before Christmas to people's homes...not just singing to anyone, but caroling for people who could really use some extra Christmas cheer in their lives. This year, we're loading up with about a dozen Lawrensons (and, we can all do more than just carry a tune in a bucket!) and heading out one evening next week to have some fun and encourage others!

If you know somebody locally on the OBX who could really use some of that fun next week, feel free to shoot me an Email and let me know who they are and where they live and why they might need our cheer! I won't make any guarantees, but we'll do our best to sing to as many people as we can!

Nate

15 comments:

♥Jess♥ said...

Well, I don't know who all lives there so I have no ideas but I hope that you get to MANY people to spread some Christmas cheer!

Tracy P. said...

Awesome! My son was just asking if we could go caroling the other day. He wanted to visit the neighbors (some of whom could use it), but it really would be fun to try to visit some shut-ins and others in greater need. Thanks for a great idea.

Heather said...

That sounds so fun!

Amy E. said...

Love that picture and what a great family tradition!! The FCA kids from my high school here are going caroling tonight to the teacher's houses!! I hope they make it to mine! My neighbors will love it!

Vanessa Rogers said...

Man, she is into the caroling!!

Anonymous said...

Gwyneth seems to be taking after her parents, love to worship with song and praise. just noticed her tonsils looked like my daughters (enlarged) guess thats like her Dad, too. have them checked out.
you probably have already a dozen times.

Erin said...

What a great picture of Gwyneth! I think I can see her tonsils! It looks like she is really into her singing. So cute.

-stephanie- said...

That picture makes me laugh. Bless and be blessed.

Leanne said...

What a cute picture! I'm sure she will do a great job caroling. What a neat tradition to have! I miss caroling. We used to go as a youth group to all of the elderly people in our church. It was cold but fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That picture of Gwyneth made my laugh out loud. TOO CUTE. Merry Christmas!

Lysa said...

This pix is hilarious. She is such a doll!!!

Missy said...

i wish i lived near you so you could come bring me some cheer -- gwyneth looks super excited to sing some of the best season's songs... merry christmas nate and family!

65redroses said...

Caroling! That is so wonderful Nate. I'm sure all the families who receive your joyful voices will be glad! I also will be caroling this Christmas with my (12th!) annual 'Sing For CF'. I will think of you. What is Gwyneth's favourite carol? This year because of my health we are doing things a little differently... instead of going around to the neighbours I will be doing it...online! (my oxygen tubes don't reach around the block) So come on by and check it out if you'd like.
Big Christmas-y hugs to you and your girls,
Eva

Karen said...

my new favorite pic ! LOL

MARGARETE said...

I love this picture. Praying you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!