Tuesday, February 19, 2008

11:12am Update with Q&A

We're still waiting to hear from the transplant team...it may be a while.

Tricia is having a good day again. She's busy at the moment checking emails and other stuffs.

Gwyneth is doing well. I just went down and took her birthday pictures, which I'll post later. She's doing great on the CPAP. The MRSA swab was negative...three more and we'll be back in a normal room (which I like a lot better).

Q&A:

>
Tricia will probably not make it home before her transplant...she would have to be completely off the vent for that to happen, and the risk of infection and such is just too great of a risk either way.

> Tricia tells me that her trach does not hurt her at all. It's a little uncomfortable at times, and it's certainly restricting while she's attached to the vent. It's been a great thing for her so far.

> I'm actually just using the simple HP photo editing software that came with one of my printers or cameras or something...the only thing I'm really doing is a little cropping, a little antiquing, and/or a little "soft glow".

> Most of the time, I'm using a EFS 18-55mm lens with my Canon.

> The silly pics of Tricia and I from the last video were actually all taken with my MacBook Pro (way cool "laptop" with a built-in camera, for all you PC people) without any post-editing...Macs are just cool like that.

Nate

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still praying! Love the pics and the posts! Can't wait to see new pics of baby girl!

Praying for transplant SOON!!!!

Much love from Nashville-
Annie

Darby said...

Is it too late for a song rec? I hope not: "Who's My Pretty Baby" by Elizabeth Mitchell... if you don't choose it... at least go listen to her on iTunes! She has happy, lovely kids songs! Happy Tuesday!

mrsrubly said...

woohooo!~i am so glad you girls are doing good today! today is going to be a awsomee and great things are going to happen..bonny
in texas

Anonymous said...

I love Q & A day!

Anonymous said...

gotta love a mac! :)

Anonymous said...

Who is taking care of the dog and cat for you while you all in the hospital?

Praying...
Beth

Anonymous said...

Macs rule!!!

Anonymous said...

Still praying that today is the day for Tricia to get on the list!

Can't wait to see more pics of that sweet little baby girl of yours :)

CulyQFun said...

how do we get our questions on the question and answer days?

Dawn said...

Nate, thanks for the photo tips! All the wonderful photos you take of your sweet pea and very beautiful wife, are going to be a great momento in this long journey! May God watch over the 3 of you:)

Laurie in Ca. said...

It is so good to hear your girls are doing good. Praying for Tricia to make that list, and for continued and complete healing. Take care, you all are doing such a good job in Gods Plan here.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Anonymous said...

Still praying !!

Macs ARE COOL like that, well not as cool as your family :)

Amy said...

I actually went out and bought Mattew West's CD after hearing Safe and Sound.

Glad to hear everything is going smoothly today.

I bought a Powerbook a few years ago simply because I fell in love with the ease of the iMovie program. Unfortunately, my school is totally on a PC platform, and teaching keeps me busy, so the hobby fell by the wayside.

Kim said...

Thanks for the update-and the info on the cool pics!
Kim

Meredith said...

Still praying for that transplant!! Oh and I have to say this: GO MAC!!!! I LOVE our Mac computers and they are THE BEST by far.....seems like you like yours as well. Meredith/Orlando FL

Mary said...

Glad both girls are having a great day. (And you too Nate)

Mary
Florida

our little acorns said...

Thanks to your dad for the link to your Nacho video! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Nacho video? ? ? ? I'd like to see that!

Hope you are prayerfully, patiently waiting the news we are all wanting to hear!

God Bless!

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Lawrenson said...

One man's junk is another man's treasure! (That's not plagerism. I heard it somewhere before, though.)

The Nacho video (again) is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktIBwKtV71Y&mode=related&search=

Nate's in the background as Nacho. That's Gwyneth's great uncle Andy in the chef's hat.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I can answer someof these questions by now! Meka the dog is at "home" aka: hotel and Nate sees Meka every night when he goes home. Nate also goes there in the afternoon to walk and and play with Meka. The cat is...hmm...at an Aunts? Or is he at one of Nate and tricia's parents house? I think that's it.

Anonymous said...

I like the song "Child of Mine" by Mark Schulz it is really nice

Anonymous said...

We are keeping our fingers crossed that you will have the news that you need soon! Meanwhile my husband wants to know if Tricia can talk, we were unsure about how all that worked with the trach.

Anonymous said...

Is the vent portable? Could Tricia live with it all the time and be ok?

Rick Lawrenson said...

Ralphie the cat is living happily with Nate's grandma.