1. My lungs are in such bad condition at this point that the doctors can’t be sure of what will happen next. Please pray for the antibiotics that I am on to begin working effectively. So far, they have not helped out with any kind of improvement. Each day counts.
2. Mucus is what traps infection and keeps my o2 levels low and me from functioning at my best. I have had a hard time coughing up the gross stuff which once I do, will help my lungs out a great deal. Pray that I cough lots of it out easily without too much damage to my lungs and airways.
3. I have not slept more than 3 hours each day in the past week and a half. I am use to a normal 12-16 hours a day sleep. This is greatly effecting my body’s ability to fight infection, regain strength, and help me to get better. Please pray that I begin to sleep better. I have been on sleeping meds which have yet to help since it is a breathing issue and not just a lack of sleep desire.
4. My lung capacity is very very low, please pray I remain stable until giving birth and then waiting for a transplant.
5. If I don’t get better, I could be too sick for a transplant. Please pray this does not happen.
6. Pray for my heart to stay in good shape. It is beating slightly to fast and has been doing this for quite some time. Pray that it comes down to a normal heart rythym.
6. We don’t know yet about the details of having this baby but know it will be a complicated and risky procedure. The more time the better for the baby... a couple more weeks in my utero can make a huge difference when it comes to a good outcome for her. Pray for wisdom for the doctors and our family as we make these decisions.
7. Pray for the safety of the baby during all of this stress going on and for a safe delivery and recovery. She will most likely be rushed into NICU post birth.
8. That complications don’t arise from my feeding tube, port-o-cath, diabetes, or heart and non lung issues.
9. Pray for our peace of minds, and for our families. This has been a very stressful and scary situation for Nathan and I. Things are beginning to happen so quickly and so much is uncertain. Our faith is not shaken and we firmly believe in miracles and the power of prayer. Please be sending our prayer requests to your fellow friends and family!