Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Gentle Reminder

I'd like to remind (again) everyone (especially a few people who apparently don't get it) a few things:

1) The purpose of this blog is not to preach. Yes, I may journal my thoughts about our lives related to God and faith and other "spiritual" things (because I want others to see and hear, not to have it shoved down their throats), but ultimately, I'm not going to spend a lot of time here discussing theology or my personal walk with God. You can read more about the purpose of this blog Here.

2) While it may appear that I share every little detail about my life on this blog, that is far from the truth. There are many things that I prefer to keep private about my life and the life of my family. Most of the time, when I read comments and emails that include suggestions, advice, concerns, criticisms, etc., it's a little frustrating because most of those emails and comments come from a misunderstanding of my/our situation because I have purposely chosen not to share specific details. You can read more about what I blog about Here.

3) If you think that my spending a few hours a day updating this blog is wrong of me, or that those few hours are a sure sign of how I spend the rest of my time, that's your issue. I'm disappointed that anyone (especially a "Christian") would judge my entire life based on the little they learn about me from a few minutes on my blog, but I also realize that the vast majority of people who follow this blog know better than that, and for that I am thankful. You can read more about this Here.

If you're reading this, I'm probably not talking to you specifically...but, just in case, I encourage everyone to read This just as a reminder.

Thanks.

Nate